Haircare is very important since it depends on them that we can wear it in the best conditions, and we must ensure that it is always clean, healthy, strong, and radiant so that it looks beautiful. If you want to know how to strengthen hair, read on, and discover a few homemade tricks to achieve it successfully.
When it comes to caring for your hair, you don’t have to focus only on washing, combing, or protecting it, there are factors such as diet that greatly influence its condition, something that we will see later.
Home remedies to strengthen hair
- Olive oil: thanks to its properties, it provides luminosity and softness to the hair. Apply two tablespoons of olive oil to your hair, well distributed, and put on a shower cap or plastic wrap. Let it act for 10 minutes so that the oil can penetrate the scalp, and then wash the hair as you normally do.
- Eggs: they strengthen both hair and nails, and in this case, you must beat it and apply it to the hair with a gentle massage. Let it act for 10-15 minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water, and then wash your hair as you normally do.
- Honey: it is an ingredient that also has very beneficial nutrients for the hair, mainly to restore shine and add volume. Apply to hair while massaging with fingers to spread. Let it work for 15-20 minutes and rinse with water before washing as usual.
Tips to strengthen hair
- Products: choose well any product that you will apply to your hair, always opting for the most appropriate ones according to your hair type. The most recommended are 100% natural as they do not damage the hair.
- Temperature: you must take into account the temperature of the water when washing your hair, since if it is very hot it can damage the hair fibers. The ideal is to use a temperature between 28º-35ºC.
- Heat: for styling, it is great to use irons, dryers, and all kinds of accessories that allow you to achieve a beautiful finish, but you have to be very careful with the heat that all of them emit. As much as possible, use for example, a towel to dry or curling rollers.
- Brushing: Many people have weak and damaged hair because they don’t brush it properly. Brushing should be done when the hair is still wet, always gently and without sudden movements. Of course, you should always use the right brush, preferably with natural bristles. If it is a comb, let them be wide and separated.
Food to improve hair condition
- Green leafy vegetables: the more intense the color of the leaves, the more nourishing power it will have for the hair. The most recommended are spinach, chard, lettuce, or broccoli, among others.
- Carrots: It is a fantastic source of vitamins for hair, such as E and C, potassium, and beta carotene.
- Citrus fruits: all are very rich in vitamin C, which is key to promoting health and hair growth.
- Fatty acids and omega-3: they are very beneficial for the hair, as well as for health in general, and you can find them in fish such as tuna, sardines, or salmon.
- Yogurt: Natural yogurt is a powerful nutrient for your hair, both inside and out. Ideal if your hair is weak, dry, and dull.
- Nuts: very beneficial also to strengthen hair, especially almonds, walnuts, and peanuts.
- Water: it is in the last place, but water is one of the fundamental pillars for good hydration, both capillary and body. It is a basic in our day to day to have better health, so drinking two liters a day is very good for many reasons, in addition to taking care of hair.