Today, we bring you the advantages of using the Incognito mode in your browser, this option is available in browsers such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer, to name a few, the idea is to prevent the information about the sites you visit from being stored.
What does incognito mode mean
There are different names, some browsers call it “private mode” others “incognito mode” or “incognito mode”, they are all the same, it is a feature that offers privacy to users in Web browsers by deactivating history and cache them.
This mode allows people to browse without any local data storage, which can be viewed later. The storage of data in cookies and flash cookies is also eliminated. It should be noted that privacy is limited to the computer where the person connects, because the IP address from which they navigate can be identified externally.
Advantages of using incognito mode in your browser
Browsing incognito will help protect your privacy, especially when connecting from a shared computer. The websites that you visit incognito are not saved in your browser’s history, it doesn’t matter if you visit a website from a search engine or if you do so from the URL in the browser bar. No matter how many times you visit a site, it will not be stored, it will not be seen in the most visited, nor will it appear in the auto-complete function when you start typing in the browser bar.
The history of the files you download will not be seen either, although the files will remain stored on your hard drive.
Any cookie that is created during incognito browsing in your browser will be automatically deleted when you close it. This makes it very useful if you are concerned about your personal and business accounts’ security, in addition, especially useful if you need to use a borrowed or shared computer.
Even if you forget to log out, closing the browser will happen immediately, the registry cookie will be deleted when closing, which will prevent any malicious or malicious person from accessing your account.
The cookies are not shared between the regular version of the browser and the unknown, then you can use the incognito to sign into a second account in the same Web without having to get out of the first, for example, you have two Gmail emails open, one staff in normal mode and one, working, incognito.
It will not only be useful for work, for example, if a friend is going to visit you and wants to check their Facebook profile, they can take advantage of the unknown window, enter their Facebook without having to close your session.
Other uses of this form of navigation
Private browsing has uses, such as the following :
- Reduce the history in your browser, including the autocomplete and personal information.
- You will be able to do “purer” searches, which are not influenced by previous browsing history, by connections, or by recommendations from friends, which may have a bearing on certain results. Google’s algorithm uses your connections and recommendations from friends to rank sites, especially for you.
- Prevents account passwords from being accidentally saved.
- You will be able to test the operation of a Web that you are creating, and thus know how users see it in general, check your checklist when creating a Web.
- You will prevent other users of your computer from finding your searches. Useful if you are using your work computer and want to start looking for another job, for example, if you want to buy a gift for your partner and do not notice it.
- It serves to prevent a search for a product from defining your recommendations, if Amazon knows what you are looking for, the suggestions will be based on this, if you do not want what happens, you can use the incognito navigation.
How to use incognito mode
- Internet Explorer: Press Ctrl + Shift + P on the keyboard at the same time, or select “Private Browsing” in the Menu tools.
- Mozilla Firefox: Press Ctrl + Shift + P on the keyboard at the same time, or select “Start Private Browsing” in the Menu tools, or on the orange button.
- Google Chrome: Press Ctrl + Shift + N on the keyboard at the same time, or select “New Incognito Window” in the Tools Menu.
- Safari: Press on the keyboard Command + Shift + N simultaneously or select “New Private Window” in the Tools Menu.